Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Baking

One of my favorite things about the Christmas holiday is all the baking of the yummy treats. When we lived in the states I would get together with my great friend Lauren to create these delicious sins, I have missed doing this annual thing with her so much. I was blessed this year though to have my mother in law with me to help bake!!

First up we had to get the sugar cookies cut out and baked! This is one job the kids love to do!!


Big sister Hannah showing little brother Nathan how to get the perfect cookie!


Peanut clusters anyone? One of our favorites, we usually make this with half chocolate chips and half butterscotch chips, however no butterscotch in Doha so they are some chocolate, chocolate peanut clusters!


My mother in law, Carol, helping me bake in this extremely small kitchen!!


The kitchen is starting to fill up with goodies and it sure does smell good!


Sugar cookies in the oven, the kids are anxiously waiting to frost them!


Sour cream cookies, one of Mike's favorites that his mom makes.


Cookies cooling!


Time to put the frosting on, Hannah already diving into the pink frosting!


Daddy and Nathan ready to help with the task of frosting the cookies, Nathan however I think eats more then he gets on the cookie!


Hard at work!


Daddy and Hannah working their creations!


Sprinkle time, we sure do like our sprinkles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment