Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day from Doha!! We had such a fun day of celebrating and what even made it better was that my mom is here to visit! This was Madison's first Valentine's day, there was lots of love around the house today! My kids are so excited to have Grandma here that we had to make some of Grandma's favorite cookies, and since we are full of love let's make them into hearts as well!

We had to get creative this year for Nathan's Valentine's, his school is not to fond of treats so we decided let's make a craft!! We took some cheap crayons and cut them up in small pieces (I should say I cut them up and gave myself a blister) and then Nathan mixed them up and put them in a heart shaped pan. We melted all the fun colors together and when they cooled and dried we popped them out and what do you know we had some heart shaped crayons!! It was a huge hit at the Sartain house. Make note I certainly put a note on them to make sure no crayon ended up in some little mouths!!

Here we got the tools necessary to begin!


Lots and lots of Crayons!


Nathan putting in the mixed colors.


All mixed up and ready to go in the oven.


What a cute little face to go with these heart giveaways.


In the oven they go!


All melted together, just let them cool!


The new and improved finished crayon!



We put them in a bag and attached a note to say Please do not eat!!



Hannah getting her Valentine's ready, she was able to bring treats!!!


Now we must move on, it's time to make cookies with Grandma! We are ready to lick the spoons!!


Grandma Dieter mixing up a batch of some yummy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!


Grandma and her little bakers!


You can never have too many hearts on Valentine's Day so we made the cookies into hearts as well.


Valentine treats for the schools!


We have a few visitors this month, not only is my mom here, but we also have a few Flat Stanley's visiting us as well. One of them decided to join us for our Valentine breakfast! He belongs to Hanna Brinks!


Nathan's Valentine Breakfast setting!


Hannah's Valentine Breakfast setting!


Our place setting!!


Madison's Valentine!


The table is set and ready to have a wonderful Valentine breakfast!


Look who made us a beautiful card!! Mommy's heart is melted..thanks to my wonderful little man!!



Ready to eat breakfast!



Posing for mom!


My 3 sweet Valentine cuties!! I am SO blessed with these children!!


Look at this handsome boy! What a trooper he was for mommy! I went to put his shirt on and he goes it's pink..."I like blue"!! Thanks little man for putting on the pink shirt for me!!


My beautiful princess, looking like a model!!


My sweet princess, ready to give lots of love on Valentine's Day!


Hannah and her favorite heart shaped pancake!!


Mmmm our annual heart shaped pancakes!!


We took Grandma out to Katara Village and Hannah posed for us, so cute she is!!


My mom and the kids posing at Katara Village this afternoon!!


Look at these beautiful flowers that my love gave me!! I am so filled with love today, I'm extremely grateful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment