Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What a find!!

So one thing I have learned here is that everything is imported in, so if you are looking for something specific and you find it then you better buy it and a lot of it! When we first got here it was Hannah's birthday and I searched and searched for frosting and couldn't find it! So I had to resort to making it from scratch and let me just tell you making frosting is not for me. Their powdered sugar here is different so it came out very sugary! So a few weeks later I walked into one of the stores and look what I found! You better believe I stocked up on this find. I even introduced it to my neighbor who was amazed that this came already prepared!!



A few other things about Doha is that they place these stickers in Arabic on the products and most of the time it's right over the instructions!



Notice the price this is a pack of 16 slices of American cheese, it cost about $5.00! Things are so much more expensive here, because they have to import it all. Our grocery bill has tripled.

No comments:

Post a Comment